Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Welcome!

Hello everyone,
I hope this finds you well. I'm looking forward to regular conversation-I'm committed to posting four times a week for the month of Advent, and I'll try to continue if that feels like a comfortable rhythm.
This is a place for conversation about the Biblical text, other theological and philosophical questions, and some other fun topics.
I invite everyone to participate-both in the comments, and if you have anything you want to get feedback on from the congregation, as a guest blogger.

To comment-click on the 'comments' link underneath the post. Write a comment of your choice, hit the 'post comment' button, and it should show up promptly.

As you comment, please remember the basic rules of online discussion-
1) there is no body language, so you must be extra careful with your tone. Sarcasim is invisible.
2) re-read everything before you post it-make a list, check it twice.
3) be polite and friendly. Greetings and confessions go a long way to preserving dialogue.
4) try to say something substantive-while quick rejoinders have their place, a longer comment is more likely to advance a conversation.

I look forward to this journey with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sam, for taking on this project. I very much look forward to some spiritual food for thought this Advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    Great idea! I'm looking forward to your Advent blog. I have to admit, I'm usually a lurker on these, but I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added google analytics to the blog, so at least I'll know how many lurkers I have, and won't get frustrated that no one comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. re: google analytics -- whew. I was concerned about that. I enjoyed your sermon and found myself waiting and hoping for a comment-worthy thought that wasn't just noise. Thanks for taking on this project, Sam.

    ReplyDelete